Thursday, July 23, 2009

7th Casa Thomas Jefferson TEFL - Driving Development

Day 204 - Connected

This year our school seminar has meant interconnectedness for me. I've connected to some people I follow in Twitter and some of my followers in Twitter were really kind to contact me. What a blast as it shows exactly what Erika and I were trying to present, Digital Magic in Professional Development. We could exemplify exactly what we've been preaching for a while about professional development as a lifelong, sustainable, collective, networked endeavor, not institutionally-bond. It's all about connecting to people, the ones you share and get so much from, the ones who email you, the ones who interact with you from a distance.

I couldn't be happier to see one some my bosses and colleagues presenting about exciting digital resources. I couldn't be more encouraged to keep moving forward in the tireless job of trying to inspire others. If when Erika and I presented some years ago we've had sessions with 2/3 participants, now we have our rooms full of excited with sparkling eyes educators who want change, challenge, who want to understand how and where to get started in cyberworld.

I couldn't feel more comforted every time I see the dedication of the group of Ed Tech dreamers, inspiring team I am lucky enough to work with. We've been doing our best to inspire our colleagues. The CTJ Electronic Village, a format of rotating sessions inspired by TESOL's Electronic Village, proved that the power of our collaboration and organization is translated into a successful tech-endeavor.

http://brazilbridges.pbworks.com/ctj_electronic_village


I couldn't feel more self-assured that with small steps - without giving up - can take us and others far...



Some of the wonderful presentations of our 7th CTJ TEFL can be found on our School Website.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Carla...
    What a privilege this time I managed to be with you guys. A truly awe-inspiring event. It's true most of us can feel your energy in cyberspace but having the chance of being together for a couple of days was really special. The organization of the event was impeccable, to say the least. I already miss you guys - Erika, Denise, Ronaldo, José Antônio, Isabella, Bete...the ones I had the chance to be closer... Wish we could have stayed longer...I feel like a sponge when I am surrounded by brilliant people like you - and I try to soak up everything possible. I'll be organizing my pictures soon and they'll be online soon.
    Thanks a million for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gilmar,

    I was really pleased to have had the chance to meet you. What a joy to make the connections even stronger through a f2f gathering. I'm glad you enjoyed our seminar and hope to keep in touch learning and sharing with you.

    I just loved your photopeach! A special treat to all of us, and now you can have a snapshot of our seminar on our Website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving is a part of daily life, especially if you are living in a large city or somewhere very spread apart. We drive to run errands like buy groceries and pick up the kids, and we drive to work or to school. Emergency Sleeping Bag

    ReplyDelete

Conversations are sparklers for deepening thoughts and maturing ideas. Share, connect, leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. To follow up on the comments here, click on the "subscribe via email" below the comment box, on the right.